There are many reasons to take music lessons at Chestnut Hill Music Academy
1. Professional Teaching Faculty - Our staff have either university music degrees or professional performance experience. Each teacher is carefully chosen and screened for their ability to teach, inspire and connect with children in their love of music. Of course our teachers all have great skill and a deep understanding of music but frankly that’s the easy part. Each teacher has undergone both a PA Criminal Background check and a Child Abuse clearance.
2. A Private One-on-One Learning Experience - Each student is totally unique, therefore CHMA offers private lessons that allow the teacher to give them 100% of their attention. Teachers are empowered to use their intuition and experience to create a unique learning environment perfectly suited to each child’s interests, temperament and learning style.
3. Customized Teaching Curriculum for Each Student – With each new student CHMA creates a completely new program of study. Our teachers are extremely flexible and creative in their approach. Regardless of age or experience we design a teaching plan that keeps your child growing, inspired and engaged.
4. Decades of Experience with Music and Children – Director Mickey Leone has been working with children and music for over 3 decades. A native of the area Mickey first started teaching music privately in the mid 1980’s. In 1995 he founded The Chestnut Hill Guitar School where he taught hundreds of students over the years. In addition, he was an area director of Makin’ Music starting in 1998. Through this interactive parent-tot program Mickey met with preschoolers and their caregivers in highly interactive weekly music classes. In 2015 he parlayed his extensive experience and reputation into the founding of SoundStage School of Music in Oreland, PA which he operated with a partner for 10 years before forming CHMA. Mickey also holds a Master’s Degree from Chestnut Hill College in Counseling Psychology with special training in play and music therapy for children. Mickey personally chooses and supervises all teachers.
5. Unlimited Make-Up Lessons – Through no fault of their own busy families often need to miss lessons due to illness, vacations or just plain over booking. At CHMA we understand this. To help we have implemented the most flexible make-up program in the industry. Our students qualify for unlimited makeups even if they cancel on the shortest of notice.
6. Convenient Comprehensive Music School – CHMA offers one stop music shopping. We provide lessons on all instruments to all ages at one central location. At CHMA we teach Guitar, Piano, Voice, Drums, Bass, Strings, Brass and Woodwinds. Families can often arrange for siblings to have their lessons at the very same day and time.
7. Flexible Lesson Scheduling - CHMA offers lessons on various days and times to suit your busy family schedule. We are currently open from 4:00pm to 8:00pm, Monday through Thursday.
8. Great Location – Our easy to reach studio is at the top of Chestnut Hill. We are only a half block from the corner of Germantown Avenue and Bethlehem Pike and only steps from the Chestnut Hill East Train station. We are in view of the Germantown Avenue Shopping Corridor and within an easy drive of Springfield, Ambler, Jenkintown, Glenside, Oreland, Erdenheim, Chestnut Hill, Abington, Flourtown, Fort Washington, Dresher, Plymouth Meeting, Willow Grove, Hatboro, Wyncote, Lansdale, Upper Dublin, Wyndmoor, Elkins Park and Maple Glen.
9. Extra Large Comfortable Lesson Rooms – Many of our lesson rooms are over 15 feet by 15 feet and fully stocked with everything needed to assure an efficient and smooth running lesson.
10. Comfortable Waiting Area - Right under the 150 year old towering oak tree you will see the huge antique red doors of St Paul’s Hall. Directly inside you will come upon our comfortable large waiting room lobby. There you will find comfortable chairs, toys and books for kids plus free Wi-Fi for their parents. Steps away are a water fountain and two beautiful modern rest rooms.
11. Frequent Recitals and Concerts - One unique feature of CHMA is our student recital and concert program. Unlike most schools we sponsor 4 concerts per year. Student concert fees are included in your monthly tuition and admission to family and friends is free. The concerts are all held in St Paul’s Theater, an amazing and elegant vintage performance hall with an arched and elevated proscenium stage and a beautiful new red velvet curtain. Our professionally installed PA system ensures that all student performers are presented in the most impressive light.
12. Parent- Teacher Conferences – Another unique aspect of CHMA is our parent- teacher conference program. Conferences are held twice per year. We are committed to keeping communication open between student, parent and teacher. CHMA parents appreciate the opportunity to check-in with teachers to review progress and set goals.
13. Easy On-Line Payment Methods – To make it easy for busy families to keep up with their monthly tuition, statements are distributed via email and payments can be made on-line with credit card or PayPal. Auto pay is also available to your convenience.
14. Month to Month Commitment – Although our school is open year round and we conceive of our programs on an annual basis you sign no contract nor make any long-term commitment. Families pay on a month-to-month basis and students can discontinue lessons at any time.
15. Subscription to Our Newsletter – Each month you will receive the CHMA newsletter free of charge. This electronic publication contains great music tips, student news, teacher features, discounts and coupons from local merchants plus contests and giveaways.